Abel Thoobe is the Founder and Managing Director of Khabaria Communications. He has more than 20 years of experience, expertise and understanding in the Communications ICT Sector as RF Specialist and specialises in spectrum management and equipment authorisation
Key performance outputs were:
- Type approvals of converged ICT equipments;
- Frequency assignment with due regard to harmful interference;
- Representing ICASA at various local and international Technical and Standards generating fora;
- Assisting ICASA’s Enforcement teams and Customs in both interference resolutions and randomly validating equipment certification credentials respectively;
- Offering technical support to various ICASA Business Units;
- Participating in various Council Committees;
- Responding timeously to various public spectrum and type approvals related queries;
Abel has directed public enquiries that led to the publication of these Government Notices:
2.1 Cellular Jammers Enquiry. Notice 3266 of 2001, Government Gazette (GG) 24123, dated 28/11/2002;
2.2 Exemption of low power devices operating on FM Band II from Licensing and/or Type Approval. Notice 1655 of 2007, GG 30472 dated 15/11/2007;
2.3 RFID Spectrum Reallocations. Notice 713 of 2008, GG 31127 dated 05/06/2008;
2.4 Technical Editor for License Exemptions Regulations (SRD’s). Notice 926 of 2008, GG 31290 dated 29/07/2008.
Comp TIA RFID+ Certified Professional;
Programme in the Mathematical Modelling of Derivatives Certificate_NQF7 (UNISA).